What is Camp La Roca
Camp La Roca was formed to assist the Petra Nicaraguan churches, to help the pastor’s families, the surrounding communities, and for training international workers.
La Roca is located at 2 kms from the town of Balgue, Ometepe Island. With a total area of 8 acres. Located on the shores of the Lake Nicaragua. It is made up of forrest and cleared a?reas in which it is planned to build facilities that will accommodate large groups from the Petra Churches in Nicaragua and Churches in the United States. La Roca is part of a farm of approximately 55 acres from which 42 Acres are use for farming known as PETRA Farm.
Purpose of Creation of Camp and Farm La Roca
Discipleship – Growing in a love for Christ (Psalm 27:4).
- Growing in the knowledge of Christ (2 Peter 1:8).
- Training in the Word of Christ (Rom. 10:17).
- Walking in the will of God (I Thess. 4: 3-5, Eph. 6:6, I John 2:17).
Fellowship – Loving one another (John 17: 22-23).
- Loving one another from the heart ( John 13:31-35).
- Encouraging, exhorting, correcting, giving wisdom, guiding one another (Rom.15:5, IThess 5:11).
- Confessing and Praying for one another (James 5:16).
Compassion and Evangelism – Loving others (Isaiah 58: 6-12).
- Serving the saints (2 Cor. 9:12).
- Serving the community (Rom. 12: 9-20).
- To train future Pastors, Leaders, and Church Planters. (Colossians 1: 28-29)
- To serve as a base for church planting and community evangelism
- To disciple both nationals and international teams and individuals
- To support the pastor’s families economically and adorn the gospel in communities at large
PETRA International School of Discipleship
Petra International School of Discipleship it is under formation in Bozeman, Montana and at Ometepe Island, Nicaragua.
The purpose of the school is to equip and train both U.S. churches, and international workers for missions, cross-cultural discipleship, and short term mission success. The school is located in Camp La Roca.
Camp La Roca Facilities
God has graciously allowed us to start building facilities in Camp La Roca. The first phase started in August 2015 and is nearing completion. By God’s grace we have a house to host teams has been remodeled, a rancho for shade outside the house was constructed, bathrooms, electrical system and septic tank system have also been completed. In 2016 La Roca was already able to host 2 teams from the U.S and 3 Retreats from the Petra Churches.
There are 4 phases to complete in Camp La Roca facilities. For 2017 we will focus in the first 2 phases.
View of the House and Bath House
Still Lot to do
We are very grateful with the Lord, and by faith we believe that He will continue the work He made us start. To fulfill the vision and be able to host larger groups and the International School of Discipleship it is an urgent need to complete phase 1 and phase 2 by 2017.
Click here for more information if you feel called to be a part of a Camp la Roca.
Site for dining hall and kitchen
Bunk Bed inside the house